As a team, we have been studying the following prayer by Francis of Assissi line by line each week in our time of discussion and encouragement together. Dissecting the prayer line by line allows us to go to scripture that coincides with what the prayer is conveying and also apply the prayer to our daily lives and to this ministry.
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me show love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
It is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
As a team, we have identified and been praying through some big prayers and would love for you to join us as we enter fall:
- Prayers for chains to be broken against the heroin epidemic.
- This year our team has mourned the deaths of too many of our friends from the clubs. We need major prayer against the darkness of this world and the grasp evil has in the places we serve. We desire for the women we love to be freed from the pain of addiction and the bondage to sin. We need prayer against the strongholds holding them back from walking in the light of Christ.
- Prayers for overwhelming responses for building relationships outside the clubs.
- There is only so far we can go with a few minutes of conversation in the clubs – we long for deeper relationships and true friendships. We hope to build bridges of trust that will bear the weight of truth. We pray boldly to see our friends from the clubs become disciples of Jesus who then desire to make disciples.
- Prayers for us to continue to build resources and a response for emergency calls and requests for our friends.
- We pray for abundant resources and connections to best serve our friends.
- Prayers to connect with small groups to partner with our ministry.
- We pray for small groups to join our team and adopt a night of cooking for our clubs and provide a meal. We continue to use the meal train to organize (https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/k42402) if you know of a group who would want to help out!
There are so many things to be praying through but these are several of our really big prayer requests. We are so grateful for your support and look forward to seeing what God does in the coming months!